Hey everybody! Yesterday I went to see the old horse I used to care take, Joe. And when I say old horse I mean old horse. Joe was old when I had him. Now he's even older. I was a little scared to ride him too much so as not to ware him out. My cousin, Katie, came with me and we took turns riding him. That was another reason for me not to wear him out. I didn't want him just to run for me and not for her. Well, I didn't ride him for very long but I did get to help feed some of the horses and for me just getting to see him was enough. I loved riding him though. You've got to remember I've been riding an Arabian these past months and compared to him, Joe's trot is just heavenly. I can actually post with him! Last summer we tried to keep him down here instead of sending him back up near Prescott like we usually do. The heat down here was really hard on him and he wasn't eating very much, which we found out the reason yesterday was because his teeth are getting really bad. He can't eat hay anymore. Well because he got so skinny down here and wasn't eating I was a little worried about him. He's so old I don't think he can make another five years. That's mainly the whole reason I wanted to see him; before he dies. I usually cry a lot when an animal I know has died but I don't think I'll cry too much with Joe. Not that I don't love him, quite the opposite in fact, but it is his time to go. I'll miss him here on Earth but I do know that I will get to see Joe again. And when I do he probably isn't going to be an old horse anymore.
Well after seeing Joe my mom took Katie and I to go see Jerome. We got there a little late so all the stores were closed but, luckily, the Haunted Hamburger was still open. Katie was amazing! She ate all of her Hamburger plus some of her fries and some onion rings. It makes you wonder why she's still so skinny. My mom and I couldn't finish ours but we brought them home. After the Haunted Hamburger we went to a park. Katie and I had fun going down the slide and swinging on the swing set. Then my mom taught us a new game on the monkey bars. It was tag but one part of you always had to be touching the monkey bars. Meaning you could be on the ground but either your hand or foot had to be on the monkey bars. We played with all of us but obviously we couldn't get pictures of all all of us playing so we have pictures of two of us at a time playing. I accidentally broke my mom's picture key chain on her keys. It just broke off though and she thinks she can fix it. I hope so. After the park we went to a hotel's gift shop. I got a new necklace and Katie got a bookmark. My mom got a brochure. After that we went home since it was getting dark and Gerome isn't exactly the place you want to be stuck in at night. We saw the remains of the jail house that slid down the mountain too. Katie was a little freaked out about that part. Well we had a lot of fun yesterday with Joe and Jerome. I know I wrote a lot but it I couldn't exactly write about seeing Joe and Jerome in one paragraph. I'll probably write some more on my blog soon but in the meantime I guess I'll catch you later.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Joe and Jerome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alright, that is it. You had too much fun without me. Next time I get to go. When your mom gets to helping Brant with pictures, maybe she can help you with pictures from your special "girls" day. Love you,
Grandma
Sounds like so much fun. I am glad your mom did that with you! By the you have been tagged! Look at Jodi's blog for details!
Post a Comment