CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting Closer to a Cowgirl

Ever since I was little I always dreamed to be a cowgirl someday. Although, now that I'm getting closer to it, maybe I could just be a half cowgirl. Just kidding, who goes around and says, "Hey half cowgirl!"? No, it just doesn't work. Well, I know a lot of people are probably wondering what I'm even talking about right now so let me tell ya. My grandma says I can't be a real cowgirl until I've been bucked off and can show everybody that I can get back on after I'm bucked off. Well I still haven't been bucked off a horse (That one can wait) but I have been scraped off, nearly hitting my head on a tree branch in the process, and, just recently, I half fell and half jumped off a galloping horse after losing my stirrups. I know, I need to work on my riding. Although my mom says I need to work on my falling and my dad says, "Tuck, drop, and roll." I'm not on fire, Dad! No, my response to that one was,"Dad, maybe I'll try that next time but I was too busy trying to land on my back instead of my front, not hitting my head too hard, and especially not getting pulled in under the horse." Ouch! I try not to think of that one. I called after Pistol but he was running wild and free. Actually, I think he just wanted to look that way so I wouldn't come after him. Five minutes later, when Diane caught up, we found him around the bend eating grass. Yep, he's a smart one all right. That does show you how fast I was going though if it took Diane on her horse five minutes to catch up to me. Well, that was my weekend. How about yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you are the cutest half cowgirl that I know - even wearing your tenny lamas instead of your tony lamas (hee hee)- I think you are proving your horsemanship with all your endurance riding. And any anyone who can get out in the 110+ weather and muck a stall and care for the horses has to have been born with some cowgirl blood in her. You are awesome! Love you.

Jodi said...

Half a cowgirl - ha ha! That was funny. I think you either are or aren't, no middle ground. So I guess in that case, you must be a cowgirl.

Oh, and please be careful on that horse. We would be really sad if you hurt yourself. Maybe you should wear football pads and a helmet? Then you can be a football cowgirl. (ha ha). :0)

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

You would make an amazing Full Cowgirl!! That cracks me up that your dad told you to drop and roll, I can totally see him saying that. I miss you guys and hope you are doing well. Love your blog Breck!!